Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Food Technology Teacher - Maternity Cover
Bristol (Contract) £22,250 - £33,750 / Year
Food Technology Teacher - Maternity Cover - Bristol
A small Secondary School in the City of Bristol LEA requires a Food Technology Teacher for a maternity cover commencing after the Easter holidays. This will run into the next academic year, the specific end date is to be confirmed. The role strictly requires a Specialist in this subject to teach KS3-KS4 including GCSE groups.
This is a small Secondary School set in Bristol, close to the M5 with good connections to North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Newport, Chepstowe and of course Bristol. This is a high-achieving school where behaviour from the students is respectful and student-teacher relationships are positively effective. Achievement and effort are valued and celebrated and the team’s strong pastoral commitment ensures that every student is known individually and reaches his or her full potential within the context of a caring, Christian community.
The Design Technology department is well-equipped with excellent facilities that support the development of practical skills and inspires design and creativity. This role requires a Secondary or FE trained teacher who specialises in Food and Nutrition/ Food Technology. The successful applicant will be required to teach GCSE classes in preparation for the final exams, therefore previous experience with exam preparation is desired.
The Successful teacher will;
* Be trained to teach Food Technology
* Have recent experience teaching in the Secondary or FE sectors
* Have strong classroom management skills
* Have infectious enthusiasm for their subject
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are;
- Your own dedicated secondary school consultant
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- Competitive rates of pay
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of bookings, school directions
- £75 referral scheme
- Free CPD Training by our former Deputy Head Teachers
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role or other roles within Secondary Schools in Bristol, South Gloucestershire or North Somerset please do not hesitate to get in touch today on (Apply online only). Alternative you can submit your CV by clicking 'apply now'.