Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Manchester (Contract) £11,000 - £16,000 / Year
LSA-ADHD - Manchester, Greater Manchester,
Are you a caring and patient person with excellent communication skills? Are you passionate about impacting children’s lives that need help the most?
Supply Desk are working closely with a school in South Manchester specialising in ADHD and are looking to appoint Learning Support Assistant with experience of supporting children with 1:1 ADHD from May 2018. This South Manchester special school are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Learning Support Assistant that can adapt well and wants to have an impact on children’s lives and their future.
About the role:
* Learning Support for children with ADHD on 1:1 basis or small group
* Start date May 2018
* Managing challenging behaviour
* Assisting in development of pupils
* Encouraging and engaging pupils with ADHD
* Working closely with a teacher and following individual plans
* Working on 1:1 basis
About the school:
* Specialist in working with ADHD
* Situated in South Manchester with easy access from A34
* Well established and accredited
* Warm and friendly approach
* Pupils describe as their “safe heaven”
* Fair treatment with individual plans to match every pupil’s needs
* Endorsed by OFSTED for Leadership and Vision
About the right candidate:
* Previous experience with ADHD preferable but not essential
* Previous classroom experience as a Learning Support Assistant preferable but not essential
* Willing to adapt to a new challenge everyday
* Supportive and open minded approach to working with autistic children with a strong communication skills
* Willing to travel to South Manchester due to location of the school
If you are interested in this learning support assistant post in South Manchester, from May 2018 and have extensive experience working with ADHD or have any other experience with special needs, please email your CV to or call (Apply online only).
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.